Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Celebrating Chinese New Year with Toyota


I'm a gal who needs to get places. Client meetings, photo shoots, yoga, dance class, events - you name it and I'm probably on my way there. Having since left the city for the East Bay, my commute has changed in every possible way. Before, I'd call a car, take the bus, or just huff it. Long walk across the city? Been there, done that. Sit on the bus for an hour to move three miles? Unfortunately, yes. Drive myself there, though? That's one I didn't really touch. That is until I moved to the East Bay. 

Now my preferred mode of transportation is almost always the car. And, I'll be honest, before my move, I forgot about the joys of driving. Get there faster? Almost always. Heater on my feet? Oh yeah. Zen out with a podcast or two? For sure. Now, imagine adding in seat warmers, a compact size perfect for city parking, and bright LED headlights to light up night drives like never before. That, my friends, is known as driving with Toyota. As you know, I've been partners with the brand since late last year. Over the course of our time together, I've had the pleasure of testing and driving a handful of cars. Each time, it's always so much fun. This time around, we worked together to celebrate Chinese New Year, which is a really amazing time in the Bay Area. (For all you fact fiends out there, San Francisco's Chinatown is the largest one outside of Asia!). Needless to say, it was a good time out. 








Toyota, a sponsor of San Francisco's Chinatown invited me to celebrate the occasion in their new 2019 Corolla Hatchback XSE. It was the perfect car to drive around town. Given its smaller frame, I was able to squeeze into spots that I, otherwise, wouldn't have been able to fit in. But don't be fooled. Despite its smaller size, the XSE packed a whole 'lotta punch. But, in a very fuel-friendly way, ha. I drove it around for a week and by the end of the week still didn't need to fill-up.

Other things that I loved included the seat warmers - which I know I already called out, but that's how much I loved them. (It's been cooooold in the Bay, so the heat from the seat made all the difference.) And, before Daylight Saving Time hit, we were having some dark nights. I typically hate driving at night, but with the XSE's LED head and tail lights, I always felt seen (not to mention, I could see for lengths away!). All, in all, it was tough having to say goodbye to my car for the week. I mean, we went everywhere together - from a Chinese New Year dinner at Mister Jiu's to a dumpling pick up at my new-local favorite, Shan Dong, me and XSE were like this (*fingers crossed*).

Not to worry, though. Our week together ended with a bang - a literal firework and drum pounding bang. I finally had a chance to see the famed San Francisco Chinese New Year parade in person. And, boy, was it fun. Thanks to Toyota, I went here, there, and everywhere around town. Can't wait to see where we go next!

Special thanks to Toyota for partnering with me! 
Share:

1 comment

i love it when you whisper sweet nothings to me.

© pancakestacker: a san francisco bay area lifestyle blog by chandamheer stacker | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig