Monday, October 15, 2012

Macy's Fall Fashion Event with Mandi Line



As you know, last weekend was my Fall Fashion event with Macy's! It was absolutely a thrill to be able to be a part of something so exciting. I had so much from picking out my outfit to sitting before the show and snapping photos with my fellow blogger buds. It was especially exciting being able to chat with Mandi Line, the stylist of Pretty Little Liars (only my favorite guilty pleasure show ever!). She is an absolute gem and so hilarious! Overall, it was a great turnout and not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I have to take a moment to thank EVERYONE who was able to make it out and show their support -- it meant so much to me to see all of you there! xo





I was assigned "Tomboy with a Twist" -- think Emily Fields, a-la-PLL. As you know, when it comes to fashion, I am pretty feminine. I love dresses and long maxis, so "tomboy" isn't normally a look you see from me very often. But, if you've followed my blog for a while, you will also remember that despite my girly-girl tendencies, I am no stranger to borrowing from the boys. Whether it's their comfy flannels or oversized tees, if it looks like something I need in my closet, I'll take it. So, when I received my trend, I was excited to see what I could come up with. The result? Masculine-inspired, but polished and pretty.

When most people think "tomboy," they think jeans, a tee, and sneakers. But, just because you're wearing jeans and a tee doesn't mean you can't spice things up. So, I picked a pair of boyfriend jeans with a bit of personality (hello, destroyed denim!). Next, I found a great military-esque cargo jacket with faux-leather sleeves (Rag and Bone, anyone?). I neutralized things with a plain white tee -- and ladies, if you're looking for a good one, seriously try this one! I finished off the look with a pop of color  and print. You know leopard goes with everything, right? So, what do you all think of my look? I have to be honest, each of these pieces has been in HEAVY rotation since my event, haha!
Share:

4 comments

  1. Cute photos,looks like super fun times!
    Come check out my kawaii giveaway!
    (\ /)( . .)c(”)(”)http://www.bunnymysweet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! That necklace, and those pumps are fab! Super jel you got to met Mandi Lane. ;)


    xo Carlina
    www.AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! Looks like such a fun event! I had met Mandi at a PLL event in Los Angeles last year. She's fantastic! Hope you've been well!

    xx, becs

    ReplyDelete



  4. You have an amazing blog!


    Maybe want to follow each other, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

i love it when you whisper sweet nothings to me.

© pancakestacker: a san francisco bay area lifestyle blog by chandamheer stacker | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig