Monday, May 23, 2011

Go, Baby, Go, Go. We're Right Behind You. Go, Baby, Go, Go. Yeah, We're Looking At You.

Dress worn as top and skirt: Forever 21; Necklace: Nordstrom; Shoes: Baker's; Photos by: Tripod


Garbage - Cherry Lips

Slowly, but surely, I have been trying to incorporate more color into my wardrobe. You may remember that for a little while, I went through a navy blue and black phase. While I'm still wearing navy blue here, I thought I'd spice things up with a hot tamale red skirt. This skirt is not only comfortable and figure-flattering, but more than affordable. At $3.80 (yes, you read that right), the price tag only made it that more appealing. The navy blue dress (that I wore as a top) was just as much of a steal, at less than $15; and the fact that I can wear it as either a dress or a top makes it well worth the money. Don't you just love the puff sleeve detail? I sure do! I got the necklace at Nordstrom after passing by it day after day. I finally caved in and decided to buy it. Maybe it's the fact that it reminds me of candy and tickles my inner foodie heart, or maybe the vibrant colors drew me in, either way, I was glad to add it to my growing necklace collection.  I purchased the glittery pumps back in February for my birthday at Bakers. They're very reminiscent of the Steve Madden Caryssa pump, but I am almost sure I got them for half the price. All in all, I think I am well on my way to making my wardrobe much more colorful. 

Don't forget, you have until Wednesday to enter my GIVEAWAY with The Body Shop! Don't miss out on free goodies! And, as usual I'd be ever so grateful if you would show some love and "like" pancakeSTACKER on Facebook!


Share:

41 comments

  1. You look stunning in these photos, such flattering colours on you, your eyeshadow is perfect too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh i wanted to order these glitter pumps the other day! i think this post just convinced me. :D

    love the outfit! and yay for colors!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. o love that beaded necklace! how fun :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice shoes

    congratulations

    http://beautyaddicted.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. great outfit!!
    love the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm dying for your shoes!! Love this black and red look, it's always a stunner! ;)
    Following for sure! :)
    xx, K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pencil skirts! Cute outfit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning. Love the pop of red. And those glittery pumps are gorgeous.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great outfit! i love those shoes :) i saw the steve madden ones you mentioned at a winners store, but i didn't buy them. i'm wishing i did now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl! Great to see your comment:)
    You look GORG here...love that shirt (which I just read is a dress) - I love doing that too! The sleeves are awesome.
    And that necklace really steals the show...sort of Happy Tribal? does that make sense. lol.
    Happy week to you!
    C

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow! look at you boo! You look sooo pretty!!!!!! Those sparkly heels are TDF! Omg they look uncomfortable tho, are they? nonetheless, you look stunning!

    Love your eyebrows btw! hehe

    sincerely,
    Jules
    www.sincerelyjules.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. the outfit (and the shoes!) are absolutely STUNNING lady

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it all - and those glitter shoes are TDF :) You are so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great look and blog!
    That necklace is gorgeous :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flippin gorgeous, lady!! The necklace goes perfectly and the shoes are ultra glam.

    I love your hair straight, btw!

    Hope you had a good weekend!

    xx, becs

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look adorableee! Love the red skirt, dear. Fits you like a GLOVEEE!


    xx,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  17. i fall in love with anything sparkly so i love those shoes!
    great song too btw

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how colorful your necklace is and those pumps are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. très jolie tenue, et j'adore ta jupe rouge, très jolies photos

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow- you look great. I love that necklack with the outfit. Well done!

    xo

    http://dressmeup-dressmedown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Necklace was a great buy, I'm sure you'll wear it a lot. I know I would haha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. great shoes!!
    would love for you to take a look at my blog!
    http://juliasstyleutopia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. omg your hair looks sososo good straight!! and bright colors really work well with you!! you look so patriotic today! :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have the same dress. I sometimes wear it with black leggings but I never thought to wear it tucked into a colorful skirt. Thanks for the idea. Love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely Outfit :)

    Check out my blog also :*

    XX,
    Mybrunetteworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. hey girl! i hope you're feeling better now! don't be stubborn and take those pain killers! hehe

    you look stunning in the bodycon skirt! i love bakers... they have affordable & yummy shoes. i have the caryssa suede nude pumps and thought i should've gone for the bakers one. it would've been cheaper. haha

    hope you're having a lovely week so far!! :) ps. let me know when you & kathleen are ready to meet up for indian! i just had it again the other night and can't wait to go back. LOL.

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  27. that second photo is STUNNING!! i love the beautiful necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dang girl, you're smokin! I wish I had a body like yours! xo

    strawberry freckleface

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the shoes. Gorgeous!



    Xx,
    beatricebalaj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That necklace is what made me comment. It's awesome!! I do the same thing you do -I walk by something many, many times...until I cave.
    Or I just pick it up that day, immediately; both shopping methods are problematic for the wallet as the items always seem to end up back home with ME :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very Nice!! i need to incorporate some more color into my outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this look. You have a great collection of necklaces!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

i love it when you whisper sweet nothings to me.

© pancakestacker: a san francisco bay area lifestyle blog by chandamheer stacker | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig