Monday, April 4, 2011

Laugh Until We Think We'll Die, Barefoot on a Summer Night Never Could Be Sweeter Than With You


Bandeau: c/o  Hardcouture via Kathleen of Inspirafashion; Bandage skirt & Sunnies: Forever 21; Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany Heels; Photos by: DJ Lan

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros - Home

Interestingly enough, I'm writing this post while sitting in my fuzzy pink bathrobe, as I attempt to get ready for work. I should, in fact, actually be attempting to get ready for work, but when the words come to you, you just have to write. These past couple of days have been nothing but blue skies and sunshine, which as you all know by now, is my type of weather. San Francisco has been delighting us with its plentiful sunshine, and as a result, everyone has been sporting a jollier demeanor, which I have no complaints about. Thus, my love affair with my city by the bay has intensified, and all I can think is, "How can I leave this place?" If you have been following me since the birth of my blog, just seven or so months ago, you have watched me as I moved out of my LA home of four years, traverse across the US on the typical post-grad "finding myself" journey, land in NYC for a week, which I strongly believe(d) was my long-lost soul-city, and then fly alllll the way back to the Bay Area, my actual home. After being away for so long, SF and I seemed to have lost our original spark. You could say we broke up, I found a new lover, Los Angeles, then a self-proclaimed soul-mate, New York, and then the timing with the two just didn't seem to work (doesn't it always seem to go that way?), so I gave SF one more chance, and we got back together. I think a break was really all we needed, because our bond is stronger than ever. Yes, we've had our ups and downs, but home is where the heart is, and San Francisco will always be home. Just like every relationship, we're going to have to work at it. It won't be easy, and there will be times, like the past month of March, where the downs will be outweigh the ups. Is it meant to be? Who knows? I'm only 23, of course. What I do know, is for now, this is where I am supposed to be. When the tides turn, and the winds come blowing my way, I'll undoubtedly move on. So, right now, today, at this very moment, I am going to enjoy every moment we have together. Who knows when this relationship will come to an end.

Share:

22 comments

  1. im glad you and SF are back on! LOVEEEE that song. :) xoxo jcd:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful!!!

    Love your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you feel about SF is the way I feel about Los Angeles, and the SoCal area in general. Sometimes I am glad to get away from it and find new cities to love, but then I get nostalgic.

    P.S. I LOVE THOSE SHOES!

    xo Sherrie
    Closet Hound

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! you look gorgeous.and nice heels. i wanna have like that

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw you look very pretty as always girl! sweet summery outfit ;). and def SF has been getting some aamazing sun so far, hope we can have our picnic soon yea? ;) and think it's so cute how you have relationships with cities, i want one with Paris!! ;)

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad that you decided to give SF another chance :)

    Girl Meets Bag

    PinkPopMash

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such awesome shots... and awesome shoes!! Loved the blog post, it is currently my state of mind. I'm moving to NYC in August from Oakland, CA and although I will miss it dearly, right now is my time and this post felt like a much needed assurance "hug" from a fellow Bay Area lady! Besos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos! :)

    That bridge is such an institution, I remember visiting it when I was young and that memory is still so vivid and beautiful.


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first photo of you is absolutely stunning! I wouldn't ever want to leave the bay area either.. its beautiful!

    XXXO
    Marissa

    http://tastesandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh this view is amazing and I love those shoes. Perfect statement for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so gorgeous!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. the perfect song fits perfect with the pics.congrats!!! :)))
    loveee your blog!!!
    Follow us and we would love to follow you too..Keep blogging honey!!!
    yours fashionably,
    http://modeliciousbites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. arent those dany heels the best, they make everyone instantly hotter

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

    Fashion by He

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, i miss this city!!! beautiful pictures and great shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the print of your top! And you are so lucky to be enjoying the lovely weather in SF now...finally after all that rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures are so gorgeous, especially the first one! You just look so carefree =)

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  17. That bandeau is GORGEOUS. You look lovely girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. great pics, great view! loving your shoes

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a great shoe collection! We have the Jessica Simpson Dany shoes, too! Aren't they so comfy?
    XO-thefashiondyad.com

    ReplyDelete

i love it when you whisper sweet nothings to me.

© pancakestacker: a san francisco bay area lifestyle blog by chandamheer stacker | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig